Wednesday, August 15, 2012

National earthquake practice

The school has been nice the two last days. Yesterday I had practice classes within Pasteleria y Panaderia. We made french pan. There where alltogether 3 students who translated for me what the teacher said. At first no-one but when they won their shyness they came and helped me :) One of the girls were not even taking the class but came in to help me! So kind.

Today I had two classes in english. Both very interesting. The evening class did get interrupted because of the National earthquake practice :D Big and noisy sirens were launched and the whole school needed to be evacuated. My friend from Costa Rica told me that there has allready been 2 small earthquakes within one month! So I'm nervously waiting for my first earthquake to hit. 

After the first english class a girl called Maria Teresa promised to drive me home after the earthquake practice. She drove to her house and I got a late night dinner there! I also got to know 2 of her friends and her sister and dog :) No-one in Finland would never invite someone in their home for evening meals after knowing the person only for a few hours :D After the meal she called me a taxi to my hotel. She also gave me a safe taxinumber that I should use in the future. Tomorrow is a 24hour public transportation strike in Lima so we have to wake up really early to get a taxi to school. It probably will be difficult to get one. And after school we have to check out at our hotel and get our stuff to the apartment yaayy!! Finally, I've had enough of this shitty hotel.

The school has promised to organize tutorial lessons of spanish for us, so maybe I'll learn quicker than tought.

No comments:

Post a Comment