Monday, August 13, 2012

Language barrier

I had two courses today, both in spanish. I was so embarrased in the first class when everybody was looking at me when I explained in english that I don't speak spanish yet. I didn't understand so much, under 20% of what the teacher said. Apparently the teacher was funny because everybody was laughing all the time, except me :( I felt stupid and alone. The teacher said it's a problem that I don't understand. I have to see if I even want to continue this course :/

In the second class "Pasteleria y Panaderia" the teacher didn't speak english at all. Everybody was laughing when I tried to spell my name and the teacher didn't understand. Luckily I sat next to a peruvian girl named Luciana who tried to translate as much as she could even though she didn't know so many words in english. Mutual words were like melted chocolate - strawberries - stirr the milk - look - friends - travelling home with a blue car - nice to meet you. :) She helped a lot even with just trying and making me laugh when she told me that she's hangovered and had a Captain Morgan bottle in her bag :D The course is about desserts. This time the teacher showed us how to do "Petit Fours" and we got a book with recipes. He will show perhaps how to do all the recipes in the book. Very interesting I tought and I will definetily continue this course because of the help of Luciana :) After the class I asked her Cuantos años tienes? And she is only seventeen!!

Petit Fours


After classes I travelled for the first time alone with a combi. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't get off at the right place but I managed to do so :) It took 50 minutes to get home due to major traffic. I went straight to a store and bought myself a new school purse for 79 Soles. Tomorrow I have theory class of  "Pasteria y Panaderia". Juho and Niina don't have school so I will be travelling alone and perhaps make a fool of myself again with language problems...

I also got a few changes in my schedule:

Monday 11-13 & 15-17
Tuesday 9-13
Wednesday 14-17 & 19-22 (I do not like the evening classes!!!)
Thursday 10-12
Friday 8-10

6 comments:

  1. Hui noi combit kuulostaa kyl jänniltä vehkeiltä :D vitsi te selviitte hienosti <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fjant du ska int skämmas för att du int förstår ännu, du ska va stolt över att du e där o lär dej!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihan varmasti opit, kun rohkenet puhua ja pyytää apua tarvittaessa.
    Ps. Nuo Petit Foursit näyttävät tosi herkulliselta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. itse olet söpööö <3 !

    ReplyDelete
  5. jag tänkte faktist ta en sådan tatuering i något skede ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi tänker ta en tatuering av petit fours heheheh

      Delete