Thursday, November 15, 2012

My first earthquake!

Every friend I have always send me messages on Facebook "Did you feel the earthquake???" and I always reply no because I haven't felt anything. They are very minor and lasts under 30 seconds. But today I felt it! I was sitting on our sofa with my computer in my lap and all of a sudden the computer started moving back and foward. I looked at Juho and yelled "Eaarthquaaakee!" he was very exited also to feel one. Now we atleast know how it feels, bigger ones are quite rare. These small ones are called tremors. Funny that we had earthquake evacuation practice at school today too :D

One of my friend told me about the earthquake that hit Peru 2007. It was mainly in Ica and many houses were destroyed. She felt it also in Lima, she was scared and told me that it was the longest 3 minutes of her life! It was measured as 8 richters. Over 500 people were killed that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment