Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Enjoying life

After the first week of staying in Kusillus hostel in Miraflores, I had to move to Puriwasi hostel a few blocks away for one night. There was no room in Kusillus and I was supposed to stay with a friend because we were going to the same party last saturday. It was too complicated due to his work and he lived so far away so I just went to the next hostelin the area and slept in a dormitory with couple of other people. I would highly recommend Puriwasi hostels to other travellers. The staff knows english, the place is higher up in a building with a very bohemic athmosphere and nice facilities. There is a roof terrace with a bar and restaurant too! Big spacy bathrooms and rooms.

Otherwise I have met a lot of my friends, I have been going out for dinner, movies, drinks with Carolina, Jorge, Adrian, Ale, Xiomara, Daniela and others... I made cupcakes with Ale last week too at her home. I've only seen Renatto a few times since there is a visitor restriction due to his wound being uncovered, it's a risk to go there and bring bacterias to it. Tomorrow I'll see him before I take a buss to northern Peru to a city called Trujillo. He maybe will get home before I go back to Finland, so there would be more time to hang out with the guapo. Trujillo is known as a the capital of everlasting spring. It is also close to two historical and archeological monuments from the pre-Columbian time. Chan Chan is  the largest adobe city in the ancient world. It is also a part of World Heritage Site like Machu Picchu too. It was designated to UNESCO 1986. The another monument is The Temple of Sun and Moon, it is the biggest pyramid in Peru. These two monuments will definitely be worth checking out. There is also a famous beach 10km from Trujillo, the beach of Huachaco. I will only be staying one night and two days in Trujillo so the schedule is tight. After that my plan is to continue to north to the city of Chiclayo.

Last week I visited Museo De la Nacion, biggest museum of Lima. I will be posting about that when I get the pics on my computer. Last weekend there was a reunion of last years Pasteleria and Panaderia class, it was at Melissas house and it was fun to see old friends and get to know new ones. Melissa will take me to a salsa class before I go home... I will die of shame that day.

 Here is couple of photos of Puriwasi hostel taken from online, since I dont have my computer with me I will upload most of my journey posts when I get back from Finland.





No comments:

Post a Comment